MoneyWorks 6 Released – Accounting Software that’s Good for Business
Auckland, New Zealand – Cognito Software Ltd today is pleased to announce version 6 of MoneyWorks, the cross-platform accounting and business management software that is used by tens of thousands of businesses and advisers in over 70 countries.
MoneyWorks 6 was designed to meet the accounting, workflow and information requirements of small-medium business. It builds on the high-performance and power of previous releases to deliver more efficient entry screens, enhanced workflows and navigation, and, critical to any business, more comprehensive reporting.
Cognito CEO Dr. Grant Cowie says, “As the cornerstone to a business, accounting software needs to do so much more than just bookkeeping and compliance. It needs to adapt to changing workflows, operate with other systems and grow with the business – not just tracking progress but looking to the future as well.
“Accounting software has moved way beyond simple bookkeeping”, says Dr. Cowie. “The adaptive workflows, fast performance and information processing power of MoneyWorks 6 provide businesses with a solid platform for growth for many years ahead. By providing the insights and reporting they need to make smart decisions, MoneyWorks allows businesspeople to really get to know their business”.
Dr Cowie stresses users don’t have to be an accountant or computer guru to operate Moneyworks 6. “Right from the start we have focused on ensuring MoneyWorks is intuitive, flexible and business-friendly, while offering the most powerful reporting system of any accounting system in its class.”
Specific advantages include:
Better information to make better decisions. Accurate and timely financial and management reports for in-depth analysis and forecasting. MoneyWorks has the most powerful reporting of any accounting system in its class, enabling owners and managers to really get to know their businesses.
Integrity. MoneyWorks protects the integrity of data and provides concrete audit trails and more complete compliance for auditing and reporting. With MoneyWorks the audit trails are built in and immutable, something a good accountant will appreciate.
Fast performance and more intuitive compared to other accounting systems. The crisp, configurable entry screens, fast networking and multi-tasking functions in MoneyWorks will increase productivity.
Cost savings due to:
* Efficiency of use – intuitive setup combined with ease of use make for faster, more efficient operation.
* No company limits – many systems charge extra to create additional company files, or only support a single company.
* Comprehensive documentation – facilitates staff self-training. A fully-compatible product line – no expensive retraining as a business expands.
* Flexibility. Managers can structure their accounts and workflows to match the structure of their businesses.
– Interoperability. MoneyWorks 6 works seamlessly with other premier Mac business solutions, including Daylite, FileMaker Pro, Billings Pro, Microsoft Office and Apple iWork.
* Cross-platform. Unlike most other systems, MoneyWorks operates across Mac and Windows, future proofing a business should they change their IT platform. Users can share data files between platforms or even have Mac and Windows computers accessing the same server.
Headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand, Cognito Software Ltd was established in 1985 to provide consulting services to small-medium sized Mac-based organizations and is a manufacturer of quality business software. Recognising the need for an “industrial strength” accounting solution on the Mac, Cognito developed and released MoneyWorks in 1992. Now, with over 30,000 users in more than 70 countries, Cognito is devoted entirely to the development and marketing of MoneyWorks. The company has a separate development centers in Wanaka, NZ, and a network of MoneyWorks distributors around the world. Copyright (C) 1985-2011 Cognito Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases