FmPro Migrator 6.13 Adds Login and Role Based Security to PHP Migration
Fremont, California – FileMaker Developers can use FileMaker Pro Advanced and FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition as a rapid application development environment for quickly prototyping PHP web applications.
The PHP Conversion feature of FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition has been enhanced with a new login and role-based security feature within the generated PHP web application. Developers can quickly create secure web applications having sophisticated role-based security similar to the default FileMaker Pro privilege sets.
Role-based security roles can be fully customized and extended to individual converted layout forms. If users having a specific role are not allowed to edit or delete records within a specific layout, a few lines of code can be added to the layout controller to enable this functionality.
The login & role based security features include:
* 4 Default Roles – The access granted to these roles match the original FileMaker database privilege sets having the same names.
[Full Access] – This is the role which is required for administration of the User accounts. It is also the role required in order to view/edit records in the Base Table Controllers list shown on the default.ctp home page. The first user account created is automatically granted the [Full Access] role so that it can be used to administer the other user accounts. No role is automatically assigned to any other account used by the web application. Roles for additional accounts must be manually assigned by an administrator.
[Edit Only] – Edit, View, Query, QueryList actions allowed, no access to Delete, Add actions. No administrative access.
[Read-Only Access] – View, Index, Query, QueryList actions allowed, no access to Edit, Delete, Add actions. No administrative access.
[Data Entry Only] – Index, View, Index, Edit, Delete, Add, Query, QueryList actions allowed. No administrative access.
* User Account Administration – Administrative users with the [Full Access] role can directly edit user account information, except for the password. User accounts can also be set to the Inactive status to prevent logins.
* Fully Customizable Roles – The list of roles included on the administrative screen can be customized with any number of additional roles. Furthermore, additional roles can be coded to restrict access within individual forms with a few lines of PHP code.
* User Initiated Recover Password Feature – Users may initiate the recover password process by entering their email address if they have lost their password. A temporary login token, followed by a temporary password will be sent to the user. Administrators cannot directly see or change clear text passwords, because only the encrypted passwords are stored in the database.
* User Initiated Change Password Feature – Users may also change their password at any time by using the Account Page.
* Professional Looking Access Error Dialogs – The jquery.gritter.js plug-in provides professional looking, non-modal alert dialog boxes for security messages displayed to users. These alert dialogs explain the reason for the error, including the current user role and action which is being attempted.
Pricing and Availability:
FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition is priced at ($600) per developer and includes a copy of FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition for both MacOS X (Universal Binary) and Windows platforms. Existing FmPro Migrator Developer Edition customers may upgrade to FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition for $400.
.com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker Pro, Bento, SQLite, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL, FrontBase, Valentina, LiveCode and Servoy developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker Pro scripts. FmPro Migrator converts FileMaker Pro databases to and from FileMaker Pro, SQLite Diff compares SQLite database schema and data. FileMaker Pro is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Servoy is a trademark of Servoy, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Filed: Press Releases