DrakeEQ HD on the iPad Answers the Question: Are We Alone?
Peoria, Illinois – Onomaly Software today is proud to announce the 4.0 release of “DrakeEQ HD.” This fun simulator harnesses the presentation power of the iPad and the elegance of the Drake Equation to graphically quantify the number of advanced extraterrestrial civilizations in the Milky Way Galaxy. Learn about the Drake Equation and easily perform beautiful thought experiments with this one-of-a-kind visual tool that tackles the question: Are we alone? DrakeEQ HD is both educational and entertaining.
* Learn about the famous Drake Equation through direct manipulation of its seven parameters
* Observe how colonies may evolve over millions of years with a “Passage of Time” simulation
* Easily tweak the Drake Equation variables using fun drop-down manipulators
* Enter parameter numbers with the keyboard
* Highlight the solar system
* Display the average distance between civilizations
* Tweak the colonizer options for infinitely variable results
* Change star system colors
* Tweet results on Twitter
* Amazing 3D Milky Way galaxy in motion
* Retina graphics optimized for the iPad
* “Passage of Time” simulation runs colonization scenarios
* Precise controllers for fractional parameters
* Solar system locator
* Multiple viewing angles
* Galaxy graphics responds to touch gestures
* Many more
* US English, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese, Dutch, Korean, Russian, French, Italian, and Spanish
* Compatible with iPad, iPad 2, new iPad, iPad mini, and iPad with Retina display
* iOS 5.0 or later
* 2.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
DrakeEQ HD 4.0.0 ($0.99 USD) is available worldwide through the App Store in the Education category.
With headquarters in Illinois, Onomaly LLC was founded in 2008 to effective, elegant, entertaining apps that raise eyebrows for Apple iOS. Onomaly LLC offers DrakeEQ HD and several other well-reviewed apps through the App Store. Other Onomaly apps that have received national media attention are notepiler 9 and Vow Box. Copyright (C) 2013 Onomaly LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, iPhone, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases