Scrambler 1.2.2 for OS X – A Simple Encryption App for the Mac
Stockholm, Sweden – Coding Turtle today is pleased to announce the release of Scrambler 1.2.2, an update to their simple encryption app for the Mac. Scrambler makes it convenient to encrypt files before sending them along unsafe places, such as to other Macs over untrusted email, instant messaging or cloud-based services. Scrambler resides in the menu bar, providing a small icon in the upper-right area of the screen. To encrypt a file/folder with Scrambler, users drag it on Scrambler’s menu bar icon and type in a password via a small and non-intrusive pop-up window.
* A simple encryption app for the Mac
* Makes it convenient to secure files or folders before sending them along unsafe places
* Resides in the menu bar, providing a small icon in the upper-right area of the screen
* To encrypt files/folders, users drag them on Scrambler’s menu bar icon and type in a password
* A small and non-intrusive pop-up window to type in the password
* To decrypt, users drag the encrypted file back on Scrambler and type in the same password
* Secure industry-standard AES-256 encryption algorithm
* Fully documented encrypted file format that can be decrypted using only open source tools
New in Version 1.2.2:
* Fixes two previously outstanding bugs
New in Version 1.2:
* A new, vastly more secure encrypted file format
* Adds the optional ability to automatically delete the original item(s) after encryption/decryption
* Mac OS X 10.7 or later
* 4.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Scrambler 1.2.2 is available on the Mac App Store for $2.99 (USD). It is also available as a shareware from the developer’s website, where a free and fully functional 5-day trial can be found.
Located in Stockholm, Sweden, Coding Turtle was founded by Shlok Datye in 2011. The company specializes in innovative apps for OS X and iOS. Copyright (C) 2011-2013 Coding Turtle. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iTunes, Macintosh, and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases