Default Folder X 4.5.9 : Mavericks, full screen and tagging
Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Default Folder X 4.5.9. This release makes its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs compatible with Apple’s newly announced Mavericks release of OS X. It also fixes issues with full screen mode and tagging on Mac OS 10.8 and 10.7. Honored with Macworld Magazine’s Editors’ Choice Award for Best System Enhancement Utility, Default Folder X makes Open and Save dialogs “work the way they should.”
Default Folder X’s custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, Spotlight comments and tags are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
What’s New in Default Folder X 4.5.9:
* Default Folder X is compatible with the developer release of Mavericks
* Favorites and settings are now stored in separate preference files for better efficiency when your recent folder history gets very large
* Fixed a situation in which Default Folder X’s controls wouldn’t appear in sandboxed applications while running in full screen mode – This affected Mail, Preview, TextEdit and IA Writer, as well as other sandboxed applications
* Option-Tab will now correctly move in and out of the tagging window on Mountain Lion
* Corrected keyboard traversal and focus problems in the Spotlight comment and tagging controls
* The option to put Default Folder X’s icon in the Dock has been removed because it’s incompatible with full screen mode in Mountain Lion
St. Clair Software recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this free update.
* Mac OS X 10.5 through Mavericks
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 4.5.9 is a free update for existing version 4 users. It is $14.95 (USD) for users who bought licenses before June 1, 2007, and costs $34.95 for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 10056 W. Unser Drive, Suite 302, Littleton, CO, USA. Copyright (C) 1988-2013 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases