medNotes – A Powerful Yet Simple Medical Note App Launches for iPad
Dallas, Texas – MochaWorks, LLC is pleased to announce the release of medNotes 1.1.0, an update to to their medical note taking app for the iPhone, iPod touch and now iPad. medNotes is a medical note taking app designed by medical students to be fast and easy to use. Its premise is simple: Make note taking on the iPhone or iPad fast and viable.
Instead of requiring the user to remember how to spell large medical terms and drug names, medNotes features a built-in medical dictionary with over 96,000 terms that autocompletes as they type. This means you just have to remember the few starting letters of a word and then you can swipe left to find the matching term and tap to insert into the text document.
medNotes’ text editor uses intelligent parsing to make simple .txt documents come alive. Type out a task using a simple number notation and medNotes will pull it into the “Task Manager” to make follow-up easier. Type out a #tag and it will automatically sort the note to that tag. Add a patient name to the note, so that notes stay with the patient. Finally, medNotes features a peer to peer sharing feature that allows the handoff of notes to other nearby medical professionals in a secure manner.
With all these features and more, medNotes is a great tool for any health care professional.
They Can Use It To:
* Take rounding notes on their patients
* Organize notes about their patients that might normally go on a loose sheet of paper and get stuffed into a scrub top
* Add quick tasks inside notes to follow-up with their day to day tasks
* Be generally more productive on their iPhone and iPad at the hospital or clinic
* Text editor with medical term suggestions as you type
* In-line #tagging for better organization
* Set a PIN number to open the app for added security
* Share notes peer to peer, using bluetooth or wifi
* Notes are archived (and can be deleted later) to keep your launch screen free and clear of clutter
* Set a patient for a note
* ICD-9 code lookup and insertion into notes
* Searching across notes
* Note filters that are easily accessible with just a tap or two
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 6.1 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 7.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
medNotes 1.1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Medical category.
MochaWorks was founded by a mix of medical doctors, business professionals and design experts to create apps for (and inspired by) medical professionals. These apps range in focus and help address the complexity of the medicine in doctors and nurses’ daily lives: everything from improved note taking in a patient room to the social aspect of medicine. Copyright (C) 2013 MochaWorks. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases