Motion-Based Zumba Dance for iPad and Android Tablets Released
Majesco Entertainment Company, an innovative provider of video games for the mass market, in conjunction with global lifestyle brand Zumba Fitness, launched Zumba Dance today, marking the first time the dance-fitness brand is available in an interactive motion based format on iPad and Android tablets.
Fans of the global fitness-party movement, as well as newcomers to the Zumba program, can now maintain a healthy lifestyle and accomplish their fitness goals anywhere they take their tablets. The new app offers players an energizing, total-body workout through Zumba’s unique “exercise in disguise” program, with easy-to-follow routines set to chart-topping hits from popular artists such as Pitbull, LMFAO, Tiesto, as well as contagious Zumba original tracks. The game serves as a great tool to get people comfortable with the Zumba steps and ready for the ultimate Zumba experience: the live class.
“Today’s launch of Zumba Dance extends the Zumba experience to entirely new territory,” said Jesse Sutton, chief executive officer, Majesco Entertainment. “The game combines revolutionary motion-based tracking technology with the contagious fitness program to provide a fun and effective fitness solution no matter where you are.”
The Zumba Dance app combines a fitness experience with motion-tracking for the first time on a tablet. Using revolutionary technology, the app analyzes players’ movements, providing positive reinforcement and an effective interactive exercise session. Other key features of Zumba Dance include:
- Global dance styles – Players can move to popular cultural dance styles from around the world, including Merengue, Salsa, Cumbia, Bollywood, Hip-Hop, Reggaeton and more
- Progress tracking – Players can stay motivated with the Zumba Dance Progress Tracker that tracks workout statistics including calories burned, achievements earned, overall rank and technique score
- Customization – Zumba Dance letsplayers create classes ranging from 20 to 60 minutes based on their calorie burning and fitness goals. Players can also customize their own workout by creating a playlist of favorite routines and songs that best suit their busy lifestyle
- Accessibility – Zumba Dance offers a tutorial mode to help newcomers learn the basic steps of four dance styles at their own pace
- Live Class Locator – Zumba Dance can also help players find a live class in their area so they can join the fitness-party live with friends
“We are always exploring new and innovative ways to connect with our Zumba fans and packaging the Zumba program into a convenient tablet experience will provide consumers with another channel to engage with the brand,” said Jeffrey Perlman, chief innovation officer, Zumba Fitness. “Leveraging our long-standing relationship with Majesco Entertainment to optimize the Zumba Dance app for tablets will allow us to reach a wider audience and continue driving our mission of getting more students into the live class experience and making the world a healthier place.”
Filed: Featured • Health & Fitness • iPad • New Apps