Advanced Regular Expression Editor Gets Update
New York, New York – MacTechnologies Consulting today is proud to announce RegExRX 1.8, an update to their popular advanced regular expression editor for Mac OS X and Windows. RegExRX offers many features designed to help in the development and storage of regular expressions. The new version is a Cocoa app that is Retina-display ready, supports Unicode tokens, is faster, more responsive, and adds a variety of other features.
Based on the PCRE library, RegExRX will allow a user to craft patterns that are compatible with most regular expression flavors and will let them easily copy those patterns to other languages like Perl, Ruby, PHP and Xojo. RegExRX is a complete tool meant for novices and experts alike. Some of its features include:
* Search and Replace modes
* Color-coded tokens in both the “search” and “replace” patterns
* Live matching against source text – Live replace too, where applicable
* Insert menus with almost every acceptable token and a description of what they do, including constructs for various groupings, conditionals, lookarounds, and POSIX expressions
* A “Match List” that shows all matches, with subexpressions and group names, and represents invisible characters like a space or return with their token equivalents (“s” or “r”)
* Stats on both the source text and replaced text so you can tell exactly where you are and what characters are represented at all times. Helps avoid errors caused by invisible characters
* Linked scrolling among the source text, the replaced text and the Match List
* Save regular expressions in documents for reuse
* Open as many windows as desired
* Multiple levels of undo and redo
* Link sample source text to a file for easy reloading
* Support for free-spacing mode
* Full Unicode support, including a chart of all UTF-8 characters
* A fluid interface that lets you resize each panel freely
* Copy the find and replace patterns in ready-to-paste code for Perl, PHP, Ruby, AppleScript and Xojo
MacTechnologies Consulting also provides several ready-to-use sample regular expressions in a separate, free download. These samples include finding e-mail addresses, validating dates, removing duplicate lines, and more.
Pricing and Availability:
RegExRX is shareware available for the Mac and Windows for $4.99 (USD) and can be downloaded now at the MacTechnologies Consulting web site or through the Mac App Store.
MacTechnologies Consulting is a New York-based firm that has been providing programming and consulting services to clients in the New York tristate area since 1993. Their products include RegExRX, an advanced regular expression development tool, and TFTP Client, the first full-featured TFTP client for the Mac. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 1993-2013 MacTechnologies Consulting. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases