Run scripts on your Mac at home from your iPhone with Otto
Carmel, Indiana – Independent software developer Andrew Molloy is proud to announce that Otto’s Remote and Otto’s Antenna are now available in the Apple App Stores. Otto’s Antenna is a Mac app which runs in the user’s status bar. Users provide it with Automator Actions, Applescripts, and Unix shell scripts. Otto’s Remote runs on the iPhone, and allows the user to launch the scripts on their Mac with the touch of a button.
Otto’s Remote also allows the user to create Geo Triggers, which will launch scripts on their Mac when they take their iPhone to or from specified locations. Actions can also be launched from other apps via x-callback-url.
* Launch Automator Actions, Applescripts, and Unix shell scripts on your Mac at home with the touch of a button on your iPhone, no matter where you are.
* Automatically launch actions on your Mac when you take your iPhone to or from specified locations (requires iPhone).
* Launch actions on your Mac from other apps on your iPhone using x-callback-url.
Otto’s Remote and Otto’s Antenna work together and both must be installed for the apps to function.
Device Requirements for Otto’s Remote:
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 6.1 or later
* This app is optimized for iPhone 5
* 2.6 MB
Device Requirements for Otto’s Antenna:
* Requires Mac OS X 10.8.4 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 0.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Otto’s Remote is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Otto’s Antenna is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category for the introductory price of $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies). This price is good until September 30, 2013, after which the price will be increased to $6.99.
Andrew Molloy is an independent software developer based in Carmel, IN, and has been developing iPhone apps since 2008. Copyright (C) 2013 Andrew Molloy. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases