Creating Character in Kids now available in the Apple App Store
Dayton, Ohio – Character Counts, LLC today released its first mobile application (“app”) in a series of apps that are designed to instill good behavior, responsibility, discipline and morals in children and young adults. The first app, which was released today, entitled Creating Character “in Kids” is specifically designed for children ages 5-9.
What is Creating Character “in Kids”? “Think of this app as a chore / behavioral chart delivered on a 21st century mobile platform” said Todd Duplain the company’s founder. “The app has three simple components to help drive children to create a healthy character.”
1. The initial setup guides parents to set age appropriate Goals, Rewards and Consequences for their children that reflect the parents’ value system, beliefs and behavioral expectations. Parents can select from a pre-populated database of hundreds of Goals, Rewards and Consequences in the app or they can create their own.
2. The second part of the app tracks a child’s progress towards reaching those Goals.
3. The third part of the app administers the child’s Rewards or Consequences based on whether the Goals were met or not.
Why Creating Character “in Kids”?
The app encourages parents to become intentional parents who establish age appropriate expectations. The app helps children gain confidence by accomplishing their goals while at the same time doing good for themselves, their relationships and their community.
As a father of four boys, Duplain says the app was created out of necessity for his own family. “After several years of the typical family chaos in our home, my wife and I decided we needed to create a more peaceful environment where our children understood our expectations and started to reflect our value system. So after much trial and error we created a tool that would very clearly and concisely define daily responsibilities & behavioral expectations and measure progress toward those goals. This tool became Creating Character “in Kids” which has significantly improved our children, our home and our own lives.”
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 13.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Creating Character “In Kids” 1.0 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category.
Character Counts LLC is a company dedicated to teaching and instilling good behavior, responsibility, discipline and morals in children and young adults. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2013 Character Counts LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases