Default Folder X 4.5.11 – Fixes for Mavericks, Photoshop and Pages
Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Default Folder X 4.5.11. This version of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs corrects compatibility issues with Apple’s upcoming Mavericks release of OS X. It also fixes issues with Pages and Photoshop CC on Mac OS 10.8 and 10.7. Honored with Macworld Magazine’s Editors’ Choice Award for Best System Enhancement Utility, Default Folder X makes Open and Save dialogs “work the way they should.”
Default Folder X’s custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, Spotlight comments and tags are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
What’s New in Default Folder X 4.5.11:
* A problem with the Save button not working in some Mavericks applications has been fixed
* Corrected a problem with Default Folder X not loading on Mavericks in sandboxed applications like Preview, TextEdit, QuickTime Player and Mail
* Worked around a problem that could cause Adobe Photoshop CC to crash
* The Save as Template command in Pages will now default properly to your Pages Templates folder
* A bug was fixed in Default Folder X’s creation of zip archives in Open and Save dialogs
* Some graphical artifacts in the buttons of Default Folder X’s Preview, Tags and Information panel have been eliminated
This will also be the last release of Default Folder X that supports PowerPC computers and versions of Mac OS X older than 10.6.8.
St. Clair Software recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this free update.
* Mac OS X 10.5 through Mavericks
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 4.5.11 is a free update for existing version 4 users. It costs $34.95 for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2013 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases