FmPro Migrator 7.12 Adds FileMaker 13 Table Consolidation Automation
Fremont, California – .com Solutions Inc. has released FmPro Migrator Developer Edition 7.12 with support for FileMaker Pro Advanced 13 table consolidation projects using AppleScript GUI automation. This release supports FileMaker Pro Advanced 11, FileMaker Pro Advanced 12 and FileMaker Pro Advanced 13 running on MacOS X 10.6 – 10.9.
Using AppleScript GUI automation on MacOSX enables FmPro Migrator to automate the processing of hundreds or even thousands of FileMaker objects per hour. The use of AppleScript GUI automation within FmPro Migrator improves the reliability and performance of the automation tasks, reduces cost and setup requirements and eliminates the need for script localization compared to previous versions.
FileMaker developers can use the Table Consolidation process to upgrade older multi-file solutions into easier to maintain FileMaker Pro 13 single file solutions. Upgrading to FileMaker Pro 13 also offers developers the opportunity to take advantage of the latest design, development and security features included with FileMaker Pro Advanced 13 and FileMaker Server 13.
Performance testing of FmPro Migrator with FileMaker Pro Advanced 13 includes the following results:
* 5100 per hour – TOs Creation
* 616 per hour – Relationship Creation
* 1200 per hour – Custom Function Creation
* 2880 per hour – Value List Creation
* 401 per hour – Layout Importing
* 401 per hour – Layout Creation – Pass #1
* 2940 per hour – Script Creation
* 870 per hour – Layout Creation – Pass #2 (Replacing contents of existing layouts, to resolve dependencies between layouts and scripts)
As a service to the FileMaker community, .com Solutions Inc. has released the FileMaker automation AppleScript code as open source software. In addition to the AppleScript source file, a LiveCode test harness stack is also provided. The test harness stack includes AppleScript handler source code embedded within LiveCode handlers. The code is executed using the LiveCode “do as AppleScript” command. The dynamic compilation of AppleScript code prevents dependencies associated with a specific version of FileMaker software, which would occur if an AppleScript app or applet had been used.
The AppleScript code and LiveCode testing stack are available for download from the File menu in FmPro Migrator, and are available in the commercial and demo versions of FmPro Migrator at no cost.
Additional enhancements with this release include:
* FmPro Migrator now verifies that the version of FileMaker Pro Advanced selected on the FileMaker tab is the actual version running when the AppleScript automation code is running. An error message is displayed if this situation occurs.
* Added a test for missing relationship fields before starting the automated creation of relationships in FileMaker databases. If this problem occurs, the Relationship_Error_Report.txt is written to the output directory and an error dialog is displayed. This problem can be corrected by deleting or editing the relationships in FmPro Migrator.
* Added a test for missing base table names before starting the automated Table Occurrences creation batch processing in FileMaker databases. If this problem occurs, the Table_Occurrence_Error_Report.txt is written to the output directory and an error dialog is displayed. This problem can be corrected by deleting TOs having errors in FmPro Migrator, or fixing the problem in FileMaker and re-exporting/re-importing the DDR XML file.
* The database report feature on the Tables tab of the Migration Process window has been enhanced to write a folder of report files for every table, TO and Relationship imported into FmPro Migrator. Previously, each table had to be clicked individually to create a report file for a single table.
* The Copy All Tables to Clipboard button now automatically opens the FileMaker Manage Database window and selects the Tables tab within FileMaker Pro Advanced.
Pricing and Availability:
FmPro Migrator Developer Edition is priced at ($200) per developer, and is available immediately.
Founded in 1999 by David Simpson in Sunny California, .com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker Pro, SQLite, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL, FrontBase, Valentina, VB6, LiveCode and Visual FoxPro developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker Pro scripts. SQLite Diff compares SQLite database schema and data. Copyright (C) 1999-2014 .com Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Filed: Press Releases