iDraw 2.4 Adds Features for iOS and Web Developers
Palo Alto, California – Indeeo today is proud to announce the immediate availability of iDraw 2.4, a major update that brings many new features and improvements to the Mac graphic design and illustration application. iDraw 2.4 adds several powerful new features designed specifically to improve the workflows of both web designers and app developers, including new Core Graphics and CSS export options, along with Slices and an ‘Export Layers’ panel that can be used to export many image assets automatically from a single mockup or design.
Slices and Layers Export
* Easily export multiple image assets at once using the new ‘Export Layers’ panel
* Export each layer automatically as a separate PNG, SVG, PDF, PSD, TIFF, or GIF file
* Tag layers, groups, and objects with file names and extensions to export each item as a different file format
* Create slices to specify the exact dimensions of exported assets
* Turn any object into a slice by simply naming it ‘@slice’ and choosing the desired file name
* Since slices are treated as any other object, align and arrange them easily using Smart Guides and alignment commands
* Use custom slice shapes to mask exported images
For Mac / iOS Developers
* Core Graphics code export. Copy vector shapes and effects directly as Core Graphics drawing code
* Convert fully-styled buttons and icons into drawing code, automatically generating CGPaths, CGColors, CGGradients, etc.
* Generate CFAttributedStrings, along with Core Text layout and drawing code, from multi-style text objects
* Turn app design mockups instantly into readily useable code for both Mac and iOS projects
For Web Designers
* Convert styled shapes and buttons into CSS color, border, gradient and shadow definitions
* Speed up web design workflows by automatically generating CSS properties with the appropriate vendor prefixes
* Copy CSS font name and style attributes from text objects
* Copy objects directly as SVG code, which can be pasted inline into HTML files
* iDraw 2.4 includes built-in shape libraries for creating iOS 7 iPhone and iPad UI mockups, as well as example symbol and floor plan libraries
* Import and export custom shape library files which can be shared with other users and devices
Other new features include Smart Duplicate, a Pixel-Preview mode for previewing designs as they will appear when exported as a bitmap image, a new Transform Panel for numerically moving, rotating, scaling and shearing objects, as well as improved Path and Arc tools.
* Photoshop PSD Import/Export
* SVG, PDF, EPS, and Illustrator AI Import
* Powerful Vector Path Editing Tools
* Core Graphics Export
* CSS Properties Export
* ColorSync Color Management
* 24 Vibrant Blend Modes
* OpenGL Optimized Drawing
* Smart Guides
* iCloud Sync
* OS X 10.6.6 or later
* 9.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iDraw 2.4 is available for purchase worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store for $24.99 (USD). The update is free for existing users who purchased previous versions of iDraw on the Mac App Store.
Based in Palo Alto, California, Indeeo Inc. develops applications specifically designed for Mac OS X and iOS. iDraw launched as one of the first apps available for the iPad, and continues to be the most powerful vector illustration application available for iOS. iDraw for Mac OS X has been a best-selling Graphics and Design application since it launched on the Mac App Store. Copyright (C) 2014 Indeeo, Inc. All rights reserved. iDraw is a registered trademark of Indeeo, Inc. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Filed: Press Releases