Pixels.com Launches New iPad App for Photo and Art Enthusiasts
Pixels.com has released a stunning new iPad app which allows art enthusiasts to browse through millions of images from more than 250,000 living artists, preview those images on their walls using the iPad’s built-in camera, and then purchase the images as framed prints, canvas prints, greeting cards, and more. The app is available for free on the Apple App Store and is the only app to combine photo and artwork sharing with e-commerce and a 3D-like View on Your Wall feature.
“This is a game-changing app for both buyers and sellers,” says Sean Broihier, Pixels.com’s founder and CEO. “There are thousands of apps on the app store that allow users to share and comment on images. The Pixels.com app goes far beyond image sharing. It’s an e-commerce sales tool. It’s a product visualization tool. It’s an artist discovery tool and so much more.”
As they say, seeing is believing. With the app’s augmented reality interface, buyers can preview images on the walls of their homes, customize the images with thousands of frame and mat combinations, and then see exactly what the finished products will look like from different angles within a room. The app takes the guesswork out of selecting artwork, since everything is perfectly to scale. For instance, a 24 inch x 36 inch canvas print will appear on the wall at exactly 24 inches x 36 inches. As an individual walks around the room, the app uses the iPad’s video camera and a unique tracking algorithm to keep the image perfectly positioned in the desired location on the wall.
With this new iPad app, artists and photographers can:
- Create a profile within the app and upload images directly from an iPad or Dropbox
- Set their own prices for a variety of print products, including: canvas prints, framed prints, metal prints, greeting cards, and more
- Showcase their images to potential buyers using the app’s augmented reality interface
- Customize their images with millions of frame and mat combinations
- Process transactions directly from within the app
- Interact with other artists and photographers via comments, likes, favorites, and more
Art enthusiasts can:
- Browse through millions of images from more than 250,000 living artists and photographers
- Search for images based on keywords, artist names, image titles, and more
- Comment on, like, and favorite images
- Customize images with millions of frame and mat combinations
- View images on their walls using the app’s target-tracking augmented reality interface
- Purchase museum-quality artwork directly from within the app
- Follow their favorite artists and photographers and receive push notifications when those artists and photographers upload new images
The Pixels.com app is available as a free download from the App Store.
Filed: Featured • Free Apps • iPad • New Apps • Photography